Bulky waste collection
If you want to dispose of a large item, such as a sofa, cooker, bed, mattress or door, you can request a free bulky waste collection from us.
Booking a bulky waste collection
Phone us on 028 9027 0230 and we'll check to see if we can pick up your item.
If we can, we'll give you a collection date and agree a place to leave the item out for our staff.
you call, please tell us if you have very heavy or bulky items for
collection, such as radiators, coal bunkers, oil tanks, garden sheds or
pianos. We may need to arrange for a bigger lorry to help with the collection.
We can only collect those items that have been originally booked with us
- please don't leave any other items out for collection.
Preparing for collection
- Leave all items out from 7am on the day of collection. Do not leave any items out until your collection day.
- Make sure items are outside your property at your normal bin collection point. They should be all in one place and easy to reach.
- If your bin is usually collected in an entry, please bring items to the end of the entry. If your bin is collected at your driveway, please bring items to the end of your path. And if you have alleygates, please make sure items are left outside the gates.
- Make sure there is enough space outside your property for our lorry.
- Remove any nails from wood or furniture.
- Tie, tape or bundle large amounts of wood like flooring and old furniture units.
- Sheds should be separated and stacked into large sections, for example the side, base and roof.
- Tape up any glass - we can only lift panes of glass if they are still in their frame and have been taped over.
- Drain metal and plastic oil tanks and cut these in half for collection.
Remember, we can't enter parts of your home, like garages and sheds, to collect items - so please leave items outside your property. And we can't collect items other than those you originally booked with us.
Items we cannot collect
We cannot collect:
- Bricks, rubble, tiles and general builders' waste (up to 50kg)
- Fluorescent tubes
- Grass and garden waste (including trees, hedges and branches)
- Packaging including cardboard
- Soil (up to 50kg)
If these items come from households, you can dispose of them at our recycling centres.
We also provide an asbestos collection service for up to 120kg of asbestos.
you're looking to find a new home for your unwanted items, you can donate them to a local charity or not-for-profit organisation. These items could find a new lease of life with someone who really needs them, and it avoids them ending up in landfill.