Bulky waste collection
If you want to dispose of a large item, such as a sofa, cooker, bed, mattress or door, you can request a free bulky waste collection from us.
Booking a bulky waste collection
Phone us on 028 9027 0230 and we'll check to see if we can pick up your item.
If we can, we'll give you a collection date and agree a place to leave the item out for our staff.
you call, please tell us if you have very heavy or bulky items for
collection, such as radiators, coal bunkers, oil tanks, garden sheds or
pianos. We may need to arrange for a bigger lorry to help with the collection.
Preparing for collection
- Leave all items out from 7am on the day of collection.
- Make sure items are outside your property, all in one place and can be easily reached.
- Make sure there is enough space outside your property for our lorry.
- Remove any nails from wood or furniture.
- Tie, tape or bundle large amounts of wood like flooring, old furniture units, branches or hedging.
- Tape up any glass - we can only lift panes of glass if they are still in their frame and have been taped over
- Drain metal and plastic oil tanks and cut these in half for collection.
- Make sure alley gates are unlocked and open by 7am on the day of collection.
Remember, we can't enter parts of your home, like garages and sheds, to collect items - so please leave items outside your property. We also can't collect items other than those you originally booked with us.
you're looking to find a new home for your unwanted items, you can donate them to a local charity or not-for-profit organisation. These items could find a new lease of life with someone who really needs them, and it avoids them ending up in landfill.