Request help with your bin collection
Last updated: Tuesday 31 March 2020
From Wednesday 1 April, normal collections will resume for black, brown and blue bins for residents across the city. We continue to review our service delivery daily.
- If your brown bin was not collected on Wednesday 25 March, Thursday 26 March or Friday 27 March, please leave it at your usual collection point from Monday 30 March as our crews will be out across the city for ‘mop up’ collections, if resources allow.
- We would also ask that if possible, please share this update with neighbours who may not be online, either by text or phone call – particularly those who are older or more vulnerable.
- Please continue to present your bins for collection on your usual collection day. There is no change to the frequency of collection.
Bryson recycling box collections are continuing as normal. Please leave your recycling boxes out as usual. If your collection does not take place, please save up your recycling for your next collection, if you can. Please check our website and social media for updates. You can also find updates on Bryson Recycling's Twitter page.
We have suspended the wheelie box trial serving around 5,000 households in north Belfast. In the meantime, you can put your food and garden waste into your brown bin for collection.
We are working hard to continue to provide a supply of green bags for disposing of food waste to households. If you have no green bags left, you can dispose of food scraps in your brown bin without a bag, or they can be wrapped in newspaper.
We have introduced this approach to protect the health and safety of staff and the public and will keep this under review. Thank you for your continued support and patience as we try to minimise service disruption in these most challenging of circumstances.
Assisted bin lift service
If you're physically unable to leave your bin out for collection, and have no-one to help you, you can apply for our free assisted bin lift service.
This means our refuse collection staff will take the bin from your property, empty it and then return it to your home.
- Telephone 028 9027 0230 or email email@example.com
- We'll send you a registration form to fill in.
- Get a health care professional to stamp or sign the form to confirm you're unable to leave your bin out.
- Return the completed form to us.
- We'll assess your request and decide whether you're eligible, this can take up to four weeks.
- If you are eligible, we'll add you to our assisted bin lift register and notify you in writing.
Request help with your recycling boxes and food waste collection
We can also help if you have recycling boxes and are physically unable to leave them out for collection.
Call us on 0800 032 8100 or email firstname.lastname@example.org