Order a bin
- You can only order one of each type of bin.
- The size of a general waste bin is 180 litres and costs £15.
- All recycling bins and boxes are free.
- If you need to order a recycling bin but aren't sure which collection you're in, call us on 0800 032 8100.
- When you order a compost bin or food waste bin, we'll give you a food waste caddy too.
- You can't order a food waste bin if you have a recycling bin or compost bin.
- If you already have a general waste bin you can use, you can't order another one online. Contact us on 0800 032 8100 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to request an additional bin assessment.
- To order a purple glass box, you need to be in the trial area. Please complete our online form to check if you are in the trial area. If a glass recycling collection is listed, you can order a purple box by calling 0800 032 8100 or emailing email@example.com
Order a bin online
Please read the terms and conditions for online services and our privacy statement.
Order a bin by telephone or post
For information on other ways of ordering bins you can call us on 0800 032 8100 or write to us at:
Waste Management Services
Belfast City Council
4-10 Linenhall Street
Please include your name, delivery address (including postcode), contact telephone number, the type of bin you need and a cheque or postal order for the appropriate amount, made payable to Belfast City Council.
We cannot take payment over the telephone.
If you already have a black bin and want to order another one by telephone or post, you will also need to request an additional bin assessment.
Order a new kerbside box
Kerbside recycling boxes are collected once a week by Bryson Recycling.
To order a new kerbside box, call us on 0800 032 8100
Returns, refunds and cancellations
To return or cancel your order, call us on 0800 032 8100.
Commercial waste collections
You can only order household bins online. If you'd like to arrange a waste collection for a business, visit our commercial waste page.