Last updated: Tuesday 19 May 2020
Recycling centres have reopened to the public. Temporary arrangements are in place in order to protect your and our staff's health and safety, and to facilitate social distancing in line with the current public health advice.
- Recycling centres are open six days per week, from 9am-5pm Monday to Friday, and from 10am-5pm on Saturday. They are closed on Sunday.
- You will be asked to provide proof of address as the sites will only be open for people living in the Belfast City Council area. Examples of proof of address we will accept include your driving licence, a utility bill (gas, electricity, broadband supplier), or a bank statement.
- There may be significant queues and delays, so we are asking you to consider if your visit is absolutely essential. We are appealing for cooperation with the temporary arrangements and thank you for your patience at this time.
- Recycling centres are only able to accept:
• bagged general waste/non-recyclable waste/black bag waste
• garden waste (grass, hedge trimmings – no garden furniture or machinery)
• glass bottles and jars
- Vans or trailers will not be permitted access and the number of vehicles on site at any one time will be restricted.
- Temporary traffic management arrangements are in place at each of our recycling centres to allow vehicles to enter and exit our sites safely.
- You will be responsible for unloading your own waste to maintain social distancing from staff.
- If you are self-isolating or have symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19) you should not visit a recycling centre.
- Civic amenity sites at Agnes Street, Cregagh Road and Springfield Road remain closed.
Locations of our bottle banks where you can recycle glass bottles and jars.
Download the free bin-ovation app for information on your bins and collections.
Find out more about a circular economy and how it can help create jobs.