Book an inspection
Once you've made an application for building regulations approval, it's important that you or your builder tell us when the work starts, and when it has reached certain stages. This ensures we can inspect it to check that it meets building regulations.
If we don't get the chance to inspect important work, we have the power to have the works opened up so we can see them.
You must tell us:
- When you dig the foundations.
- When you pour the foundation concrete.
- When you fit a damp-proof course.
- When you lay and compress the site hardcore (for example, with a roller).
- When you lay the concrete subfloor.
- When you lay the drainage system (both before, and after backfilling)
- Before covering any sound insulation measures
- Before covering any above ground structural elements
- When the work is finished.
- Any other stages the surveyor on-site asks you to tell us about.
We may do tests on drains and private sewers or ask you to have the tests carried out. We may also take samples of materials being used to make sure they meet building regulations requirements.
Book a site inspection
You can book a site inspection with one of our surveyors online, by phone, or by visiting our office.
- Book a site inspection online,
- phone us on 028 9027 0650, or
- visit our office, Ground Floor, Cecil Ward Building, 4-10 Linenhall Street, Belfast, BT2 8BP.
When booking, please tell us if you have submitted a planning application for this site as our Building Control and Planning Services will liaise about all applications.
Most inspections take place during office hours (9am to 5pm Monday to
Thursday and up to 4.30pm on Fridays (except on public and bank
If you need an inspection outside these times, call us and we'll try to facilitate you.
before 10am if you need an inspection carried out on the same day, and
we'll try to visit your property that day. If we get an inspection
request after 10am it will be carried out on the next day.