Our offices at Cecil Ward Building are closed, but we are working remotely with a limited service. You can contact us by email or telephone and we will resolve issues as quickly as possible.
- carry out all inspections except internal site inspections of occupied properties. You must give us 24 hours' notice when requesting an inspection
- answer telephone calls to 028 9027 0650, if you cannot get through immediately please be patient or contact us instead by email
- accept building regulation applications and amendments by post. We are processing applications and issuing communications including rejection notices and approvals
- record all other inspection requests as statutory notifications – you should continue to notify us about construction stages that we would usually inspect
- issue completion certificates except for works to the inside of an occupied building
- respond to reports of dangerous structures where public safety is a concern. Telephone 028 9027 0650 during office hours or 07850 499 622 outside office hours
- deal with emergency queries about Affordable Warmth - telephone 028 9027 0651 during office hours
- answer your queries. In some cases, you may be able to contact individual surveyors you have been dealing with by mobile or email. You can also contact us by email email@example.com or for technical queries, firstname.lastname@example.org
- accept property certificates by post or email, if you’re a solicitor and want to make a property certificate application for conveyancing, you should email email@example.com and we will send you an application form and guidance notes for the temporary process we have introduced
We’re unable to:
- carry out internal site inspections of occupied buildings or residential properties. We aim to start internal inspections of occupied buildings and residential properties before end of July 2020
- issue completion certificates or regularisation certificates where an internal inspection of an occupied building or residential property is necessary
- carry out virtual inspections
You may be able to contact individual surveyors you have been dealing with by mobile telephone or email.
If you have an urgent request, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply to us for building regulations approval.
Book a site inspection to make sure it meets building regulations.
Find out about building regulations and whether you need to apply for building regulation approval.
Report a dangerous structure or an open and vacant building.
Information on energy performance certificates, displaying of energy performance certificates, display energy certificates and air conditioning inspection reports.
Fees for domestic and non-domestic work.
Information about radon and how it can affect your building work.
We're responsible for the naming of streets and numbering of properties in Belfast.
Guidelines to help make sure homes and businesses are properly designed for waste storage and access.