Our Belfast: Future City 2015
Making it real – 22 September 2015
Following successful conferences in 2013 and 2014, on 22 September 2015 we hosted a breakfast event at Belfast Waterfront.
At the event we launched the City Centre Regeneration and Investment Strategy and updated those present on the ongoing work to develop a Belfast Agenda.
Take a look at our event programme which includes some of the key elements of the new City Centre Regeneration and Investment Strategy and outlines key projects in the next phase of our £340 million Investment Programme.
A video was also played at the event, featuring party group leaders from the council and Belfast based business people discussing the scale of investment happening across the city and their thoughts on why Belfast is a good place to do business.
We also discussed our commitment to continue to work collaboratively in order to:
- develop a dynamic city leadership, making sure local people reap the benefits of Belfast’s transformation
- regenerate Belfast’s city centre and ensure it becomes the engine of growth for the city and region and make it an even better place to live, work and conduct business
- maximise investment in Belfast and ensure the availability of appropriate funding
- make sure the city is a welcoming and enabling place for business people and investors
- grow our reputation as a centre for innovation and creativity that encourages enterprise
- deliver programmes that bring real benefit to local people and communities
- address the inequalities in health, education and society that still affect our city