Value for money
We want to get the right balance between:
- investing in Belfast to support our economic recovery
- easing the financial burden on residents and businesses
- continuing to provide excellent, value for money services.
We are still on track to deliver all our Investment Programme commitments, with no impact on frontline services.
We've secured a freeze (0% increase) on the district rate for the third consecutive year in 2015/16 – a first in our history.
You can read more about what this means for you, and what else your rates help deliver, in our rates section.
And, because we have raised almost £100 million from other sources to pay for our plans and made over £20 million of efficiency savings across our facilities and services since 2006, our investment is at no additional cost to ratepayers.
Other ways we are striking the balance between investment and value for money services include:
- looking for new ways to make our services more efficient and effective, especially since we've taken on new functions and areas following Local Government Reform
- working with Land and Property Services to sustain and improve the value of our rates base
- improving our payment processes to reach our target of paying 90% of creditors within 28 working days.