Building ControlWe're responsible for enforcing the Building Regulations when building works are carried out within the Belfast City Council electoral area.
We deal with:
- how buildings are constructed
- and inspect construction work as it's carried out to make sure the necessary standards are met.
- the licensing of places of entertainment, cinemas, and places storing petroleum
- we deal with dangerous structures
- open and vacant premises
- street naming and numbering
- and we hold an extensive buildings archive, providing property information and ‘property certificates’ for the conveyancing process when buildings are being sold.
What's newAffordable Warmth Pilot Project
We're assessing homes to determine if they can apply for funding to improve their energy efficiency.
Roof space conversion advice
If you have a roof space conversion without Building Control approval call us for help and advice. We'll also help you to apply for retrospective approval.
Doorstep sellers and rogue traders
We're working with Trading Standards to highlight the problem of bogus callers and reduce the number of people falling victim to poor standards of tradesmanship.
The Planning Service looks after planning permission for all building work carried out in Belfast.