BeWise: Advice for young people
Are you looking for a work experience opportunity?
We know that employers are increasingly looking for young people with work placement experience. There are plenty of opportunities out there, and we’re here to help point you in the right direction. As a work experience student, the BeWise initiative will provide you with:
- the right information and guidance on how to search for a work placement opportunities
- practical experience within an industry/sector – workplace-based experience
- improved opportunities for future employment
- first-hand experience of teamwork within the work place
- development of your interpersonal skills.
Current work experience opportunities
We have engaged with a number of employers who have registered their work experience opportunities. You can view these opportunities via the Connect to Success website. Please talk to your careers teacher or advisor and they will help you to set up your work experience placement. You may also wish to visit the Careers NI website.
Next steps for young people: Once you’ve secured a work experience opportunity
Once you have secured your work experience opportunity, we want to ensure that you get the most from the time spent with your employer.
On your first day of work experience please complete the day one evaluation form:
On your last day of work experience please complete you final day evaluation form: