Young people: career development opportunities
Our Career Development Programme (CDP) is designed to provide career prospects for over 4,000 young people in post primary school education across our city. The overall aim of this programme is to ensure that pupils are more effectively positioned to make informed choices about their future career.
This programme will provide young people with the opportunities to:
- experience the world of work
- support them in making informed career choices
- generate opportunities to attend various CDP workshops
- enter an enterprise skills competition
- provide access to citywide career events
- enhance their innovation, creative and enterprise skills
- develop their understanding of the current labour market and
- identify various pathways to employment including vocational and self-employment possibilities as well as non-traditional career paths for females.
How will the programme support our young people?
This programme will help young people by ensuring that they have the information they need to make an informed future career choice. They will have the opportunity to meet entrepreneurs and business people, visit work places and receive mentoring. There will also be opportunities for parents to learn about today’s working environment and the labour market through various information sessions which will be provided throughout the year.
All post-primary schools, within the Belfast City Council boundary area, are eligible to get involved.
For more information, visit www.eye4education.co.uk or register your interest by emailing email@example.com or calling a member of our Economic Development Unit on 028 9027 0482.
This programme will be delivered by www.eye4education.co.uk on behalf of Belfast City Council.