Transport Employment Academy
The Transport Employment Academy is a new training programme designed in partnership with transport employers from across Belfast.
Before applying for the Transport Employment Academy, those interested are encouraged to attend one of the job insights information events listed below. At these sessions you'll get to meet with employers, gain an understanding of what the jobs entail and the terms and conditions of employment and self-employment.
Tuesday 27 August 2019
- Belfast City Hall, Banqueting Hall, 12.30pm - 2.30pm
- Come and speak informally to employers to get information on the types of jobs on offer
Tuesday 10 September 2019
- Crescent Arts Centre, 10.30am – 12 noon
- Skainos Centre, 1.30pm – 3pm
Thursday 12 September 2019
- Conway Mill, 10.30am – 12 noon
- Crumlin Road Gaol, 1.30pm – 3pm
After applying, participants selected for training will take part in the programme to give them the licences, tests and other skills needed to begin a career in transport, including HGV, LGV, PSV and taxi theory.
The programme will also provide sector specific support including:
- medical fees
- Access NI fees where required
- theory support and tests
- practical lessons
- test fees
- licencing fees
- travel and subsistence
- CPC where required
- application form support and interview skills, where appropriate.
Every participant who completes the employment academy will be guaranteed a job interview, or the support needed to become self-employed.
The Transport Employment Academy is open to anyone living in the Belfast City Council area, currently out of work or working less than 16 hours a week. This includes people who are on a current European Social Funded programme.
How to apply
Simply complete our registration form.