Young people: paid work experience opportunities
Our Paid Work Experience Programme (PWEP) provides 16 – 17 year olds, from schools across Belfast, with an opportunity to undertake structured work placement for four-six weeks during the school holidays, whilst getting paid.
Work placements will be provided by employers across a range of high growth sectors and work experience opportunities will include the following sectors, but are not exclusive to:
- creative and digital sector
- legal and financial services
- information technologies.
For young people, this programme will provide a chance to:
- go through a recruitment and selection process and receive support to develop their interview skills
- gain an insight into what it is like to work in a particular-sector
- provide help and support to maximise work experience opportunities and undertake a challenging project that will provide you with the opportunity to develop skills
- enhance employability skills and maximise chances of developing a rewarding future career
- positively shape a pathway for career progression.
- Students must be 16 years of age on 30 June 2018.
- Students must both live and study in the Belfast City Council boundary area.
- If offered a placement opportunity, students must be available to complete four – six weeks of work placement during summer 2018.
- Students selected for this programme will be required to attend pre and post placement support sessions.
To register your interest please email email@example.com or call our Economic Development Unit on 028 9027 0482.
Closing date for all expressions of interest in this programme will be accepted up to, and including, 5pm on Friday 30 March 2018.