Young people: paid work experience
Our Paid Work Experience Programme (PWEP) provides 16 – 17 year olds, from schools across Belfast, with an opportunity to undertake structured work placement for four-six weeks during the school holidays, whilst getting paid.
Work placements will be provided by employers across a range of high growth sectors and work experience opportunities will include the following sectors, but are not exclusive to:
- creative and digital sector
- legal and financial services
- information technologies.
For young people, this programme will provide a chance to:
- go through a recruitment and selection process and receive support to develop their interview skills
- gain an insight into what it is like to work in a particular-sector
- provide help and support to maximise work experience opportunities and undertake a challenging project that will provide you with the opportunity to develop skills
- enhance employability skills and maximise chances of developing a rewarding future career
- positively shape a pathway for career progression.
- Students must be 16 years of age on 30 June 2018.
- Students must both live and study in the Belfast City Council boundary area.
- If offered a placement opportunity, students must be available to complete four – six weeks of work placement during summer 2018.
- Students selected for this programme will be required to attend pre and post placement support sessions.
Registration for this programme is now closed.
Next steps for those who have applied:
- interviews are scheduled for mid-May 2018. You will be contacted directly by a member of our team to advise whether or not you have successfully secured an interview.
- work experience opportunities for all successful interviewees will take place throughout July and August 2018.
- a celebration event for all applicants, who successfully complete their work experience in full, is due to take place mid-September 2018.
You can contact a member of our team on 028 9027 0482 should you require any further information on this particular programme.