Urban Digital Futures
We have partnered with the Urban Villages Initiative to bring over 50 schools and community groups, across Belfast and Derry ~ Londonderry, access to a range of training and creative activities through our Urban Digital Futures project, delivered by Makematic.
12 primary schools across Belfast took part in this project and 20 post primary schools and 16 community organisations across the city are still taking part in this pilot project which supports educationalists develop their digital skills resulting in young people creating digital content, getting involved in industry visits and securing work experience opportunities.
Teachers from the participating schools receive:
- access to over 12 hours of online professional development resources
- free on-site and group professional development workshops and ongoing support
- industry engagement at their school and through work placements
- access to lesson plans and activities, and
- opportunities for students to engage with employers in our key growth sectors and undertake exciting digital media projects.
In addition to supporting students’ projects, the Urban Digital Futures programme provides over 1,000 teachers with access to a year of online professional development resources through makematic.com and a variety of face-to-face training opportunities.
More than 400 young pupils from primary schools in Belfast and Derry~Londonderry met at the Odyssey cinema on Friday 15 June to see their work showcased on the big screen as part of an urban digital skills programme.
Check out the video of the primary showcase event and videos from all the primary schools.
For more information, visit www.makematic.com/bccurban, email email@example.com or contact our Economic Development Unit on 028 9027 0482.