Urban Digital Futures
We have partnered with the Urban Villages Initiative to bring over 50 schools and community groups, across Belfast and Derry ~ Londonderry, access to a range of training and creative activities through our Urban Digital Futures project, delivered by Makematic.
12 primary schools, 20 post primary schools and 16 community organisations across the city will be taking part in this pilot project aimed at supporting educationalists develop their digital skills which will result in young people creating digital content, getting involved in industry visits and securing work experience opportunities. Information created will raise awareness of employment opportunities in key growth sectors and will be available to all schools and young people.
Teachers from the participating schools will have:
- access to over 12 hours of online professional development resources
- free on-site and group professional development workshops and on-going support
- industry engagement at their school and through work placements
- access to lesson plans and activities
- a place at one of two gala showcase events in June 2018, and
- opportunities for students to engage with employers in our key growth sectors and undertake exciting digital media projects.
The digital content being created will provide educationalists with the opportunity to acquire key information from online resources, and receive face-to-face and ongoing support, and then apply this knowledge into their lessons.
For more information, visit www.makematic.com/bccurban, or register your interest by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or contact our Economic Development Unit on 028 9027 0482.