Basketball Hall of Fame Belfast Classic
US college basketball returns to SSE Arena in Belfast from 29 November – 1 December 2018 for the second ever Basketball Hall of Fame Belfast Classic.
The National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) Division I tournament will be broadcast live across America, with eight schools competing this year in an expanded competition. Teams include:
- University at Albany (America East Conference)
- University at Buffalo (Mid-American Conference)
- Dartmouth College (Ivy League)
- LIU Brooklyn (Northeast Conference)
- Marist College (Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference)
- University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee (Horizon League)
- University of San Francisco (West Coast Conference), and
- Stephen F. Austin State University (Southland Conference).
Basketball Hall of Fame 2017 winners
The winners of the 2017 tournament were Towson University.
The Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame Belfast Classic is presented by the Sport Changes Life (SCL) Foundation and its partner the Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference (MAAC).
It is held in conjunction with Rory McIlroy’s foundation – the Rory Foundation – Aer
Lingus, Tourism Northern Ireland, Tourism Ireland, travel
package partner Chaka Travel, Velocity World Wide and The SSE Arena,
We are supporting this event and the Friendship Four Ice Hockey tournament as part of its Sister Cities relationship with Boston. This aims to build on economic development, trade, investment, tourism, youth, cultural and academic linkages with the US.
For more information visit www.belfastbasketballclassic.com or follow the event on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.