North East Quarter
Belfast is a top 10 UK city – it is important that it delivers a first class retail and leisure offer. The North East Quarter provides an opportunity to invest in a mixed use regeneration scheme that can deliver on that goal. 24,000 sq metres of Grade A offices, 216 units and 18,000 sq metres of residential units.
The project is currently being revised to meet market demand, however, the use mix will remain unchanged. The project will integrate the mixed use plans with Belfast city centre's wider retail, leisure and cultural offer and link the established Victoria Square and CastleCourt shopping centres.
Below is a map showing the location of the North East Quarter to our other key areas. View this in full screen (opens in a new window) by clicking the top right button, or open the wizard with the top left button and find out more about each development.
The North Eastern Quarter will be the location of the next high quality retail led development in the city centre. The scheme will accommodate an anchor retail store, residential, leisure, hotel and office uses. The site itself covers approximately 70,000 sq metres. The existing planning permission within North Eastern Quarter provides for:
- 24,000 sq metres of retail including an anchor store
- 9,000 sq metres restaurants, hotel and bars
- 24,000 sq metres of Grade A offices and
- 216 units / 18,000 sq metre residential units.
The North Eastern Quarter site is surrounded by a range of ongoing regeneration ambitions and activity including:
- €323 million Ulster University campus currently under construction for 10,000 students
- emerging plans to build accommodation for over 1,000 students
- the ‘Cultural Hub’, a development ambition with a major planned new tourism destination
- €51.5 million redevelopment of Belfast Central Library.