Visit Belfast Welcome Centre
The Visit Belfast Welcome Centre is located at 8-9 Donegall Square North, opposite City Hall. It is the main visitor information centre for the city and replaces the old Belfast Welcome Centre, which was located above Boots in Donegall Place.
The centre was built at a cost of £1.82 million, as part of our Investment Programme 2012-2015 together with funding from the European Regional Development Fund, and reflects Belfast’s popularity as a visitor destination, as well as the growing importance of tourism to our local economy.
It has picked up several awards for its innovative design and uses state-of-the-art technology to help residents and visitors explore Belfast and beyond, including:
- information islands which tell the story of Belfast through people, places, experiences and events
- video wall, showcasing the best of what Belfast has to offer
- digital maps to help visitors find out about each part of our city
- self-service touch screens listing more than 400 major attractions across Northern Ireland
- gift shop with an emphasis on local crafts
- free wi-fi, so users can access and download information straight to your mobile or other device.
- The centre, located on the ground floor, also continues to be a one-stop shop for events, tickets, brochures and accommodation information.
For more information about its facilities and opening hours, call 028 9024 6609 or visit Visit Belfast.
This project is part-funded by the European Regional Development Fund, under the European Sustainable Competitiveness Programme for Northern Ireland, and administered by the Northern Ireland Tourist Board.