Supplier relief assistance for our at-risk suppliers
Government support schemes
The UK Government is supporting businesses and their employees through a package of measures during this period of unprecedented disruption. Further details are available at nibusinessinfo.co.uk
In line with Government guidance, PPN 02/20, we are committed to offer supplier relief (support) on a case-by-case basis, according to:
- the nature of the services
- goods or works being provided
- the challenges being faced
- the contracted terms, and
- the constraints of any statutory requirements.
Every contract will have its own unique characteristics, so the relief available will vary.
Some examples are:
- accelerated invoice payment
- increased frequency of invoicing
- payment in advance or on order (not receipt)
- redeployment of any currently unrequired services capacity to other areas of need
- change to delivery locations, frequency and timing of delivery
- changes to targets and performance indicators
- extension of time for contract performance
- revised milestones or delivery dates
- payment at usual contractual rates for certain critical services with analysis and reconciliation at a later date.
There may be other forms of relief that may be helpful in the short-term. Please feel free to suggest those if it ensures we can maintain business continuity.
We have implemented measures which will ensure that all validated invoices will be paid immediately rather than on the usual 30-day terms, as an immediate step.
Supplier relief is currently available up to the end of June 2020.
Please complete the supplier relief form below if you require some form of support, assistance or flexibility with your contract(s) up to the end of June 2020, and would like to request some contractual relief.
The PPN 02/20 outlines a number of conditions and obligations that may be applicable to suppliers that are in receipt of supplier relief. Please make sure you carefully read, understand and agree to these conditions and obligations if we provide you with an offer of assistance and if they apply to you.
Contracted suppliers at-risk
We appreciate the ongoing commitment and support from our contracted suppliers to provide goods, works and services to us during the current coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak.
We recognise that some suppliers may struggle to fully meet their contractual obligations to us during this period, as we may need to alter our requirements, temporarily suspend some services and change ways of working to do what is best for the communities we serve.
We want to maintain our positive working relationships with our contracted suppliers during this period. We will try to provide whatever support and assistance is required to make sure normal contract delivery is resumed as soon as possible, once the COVID-19 outbreak is over.
We feel sure that everybody will work together to deliver the best outcomes for our community and that any agreed relief up to the end of June 2020 is offered on this basis.