Digital Media ConnectionsThis programme is currently closed.
This free programme will help small creative businesses in Belfast develop new forms of creative intellectual property and turn their ideas into prototypes and market-ready creative products.
It provides one-to-one mentoring support, covering business planning, financial planning, marketing and investment, to the film, television, digital media, music and design sectors.
Digital Media Connections will help:
- improve your profitability and competitiveness by developing new products or services
- develop your knowledge and awareness of the opportunities which exist through intellectual property exploitation and product development on new digital platforms
- increase your awareness of innovation, research and development to facilitate business development
- develop business case and investment documentation to support new product development
- identify potential market opportunities.
How does the programme work?Digital Media Connections is designed to target and support the film, television, digital media, music and design sectors.
Ten companies will be recruited to participate. Once selected, companies will be assigned mentors to help them develop their business or investment case for their chosen form of creative intellectual property (IP). This form of IP can be film, music, digital or design-related.
The participating companies will then present in a 'Dragon's Den' style to a panel of industry experts and investment specialists.
Five of the ten companies will be chosen to receive a financial investment of up to a maximum of £2,000 to develop their ideas to prototype stage, coupled with mentor support.
The remaining five companies will be provided with feedback from the panel on their product and presentation. The project will conclude with a showcase of the participants' work.