Brownfield Policy Improvement Task ForceWe are the lead partner in a project which brings together experts in Brownfield site regeneration from across Europe.
The aim of the Brownfield Policy Improvement Task Force project (known as the B-Team Project) is to help cities share their experiences in local and regional Brownfield regeneration policies in order to improve policy development and the overall approach to regenerating Brownfield sites.
As part of the project a number of Brownfield Days will take place in the cities involved in the project, where local issues and experiences are discussed with the participants in the project.
As part of the learning process, each partner city will also host regional B-Team meetings. At these meetings relevant local policy makers are invited to learn about the aims of the project and to discuss the policy recommendations arising from it.
The findings are also discussed and disseminated to a broader group of interested professionals and the public in European Dissemination Events.
Each city involved in the project has also signed a Brownfield Pledge, which commits them to improving their Brownfield regeneration policies.
The project will eventually lead to the development of a range of policy recommendations which will be integrated into the planning processes of each of the partner cities.
B-Team project partners:
- Belfast City Council - lead partner
- Hadju- Bihar County Council, Hungary
- City of Oulu, Technical Centre, Finland
- Sevilla Global, Urban Agency for Comprehensive Development, Seville City Council, Spain
- Municipality of Torino, Italy
- Municipality of Dresden, City Planning Office, Germany
- Vilnius City Municipal Government, Lithuania
- The City of Ruda Slaska, Poland
- Dublin City Council, Ireland
- Central Mining Institute, Poland
- Agricultural Research and Education Centre Raumberg-Gumpenstein (AREC), Austria
- Leibniz Institute of Ecological and Regional Development, Germany
- Norwegian Institute for Agricultural and Environmental Research, Norway
- University of Torino, Italy