Civil partnershipsIn a city as large as Belfast, there are plenty of options to consider for your civil partnership celebrations. There are lots of beautiful venues to choose from for your ceremony and reception, many of which can provide a stunning backdrop for your photographs.
Our registration staff, based in Belfast City Hall, are happy to deal with any queries you may have. Call us on 028 9027 0274 or email email@example.com for more information. The office is also open from 9.30am to 4.30pm Monday to Thursday and 9.30am to 4pm on Fridays.
In this section, you can:
- view types of ceremony
- check what documents are required
- check civil partnership fees
- view approved civil partnership venues
- apply for a licence to hold civil partnership ceremonies (for venues)
- find out how to order a copy of your civil partnership certificate
Legal requirementsAny two people, regardless of where they live , can register a civil partnership in Northern Ireland, provided that they are:
- the same sex
- aged 18 or above on the day of your ceremony (consent is needed if either of you is aged 16 or 17)
- unrelated to one another in a way that would prevent you from forming a civil partnership
- free to marry, for example, neither of you is already a civil partner or legally married.
- What documents do I need to form a civil partnership?
- List of district registrars in Northern Ireland
Click on the thumbnails below to find out more about each option:
Civil partnership ceremonies in Registrar's office (Belfast City Hall) Civil partnership ceremonies in a licensed venue, approved by the Registrar Civil partnership ceremonies in a licensed venue of your choice
The General Register Office, based at Oxford House, 49-55 Chichester Street, Belfast, BT1 4HL, provides help and advice about the following issues:
- visiting Northern Ireland to form a civil partnership
- immigrant requirements.