Consumer Advice Service
As a precautionary measure in response to Coronavirus, our consumer advice service will be closed until further notice.
Our consumer advice service gives free specialist advice to consumers and traders in Belfast. We will never advise you to give your bank or personal details to callers who telephone you out of the blue, claiming they want to give you money.
For more information, please read the Which? consumer rights article on how to spot a scam.
What we provide
Our consumer advice service can give you advice on:
- faulty goods
- substandard service
- home maintenance and repairs
- consumer credit purchases
- holidays and other consumer goods and services.
We can also help by:
- advising on making a complaint
- drafting letters on your behalf
- following up your complaint
- keeping you up to date with consumer law
- helping you with the Small Claims Court process or to pursue a resolution using the alternatives to court in Northern Ireland.
If you have a consumer issue email, phone or call in to our consumer advice service.
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday: 9.30am to 4.30pm
- Wednesday: 9.30am to 2pm
Opening hours may vary. If you can, check with us before you visit the centre by calling us on 028 9027 0525 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Request consumer advice