A-Z: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Housing information

Who pays my rent?

It is very important that you tick a box to claim for your housing costs. The Universal Credit ‘housing element’ will be paid directly to your landlord. This may not cover all of your rent and you will be responsible for covering any shortfall.

If you are receive Universal Credit, Housing Benefit or you are living in a social sector house (Housing Executive or Housing Association), you can apply for a Discretionary Housing Payment to help pay your rent

For more information on Discretionary Housing Payments please call the Housing Executive on 03448 920 902.

What proof do I need?

You need to have details of your housing provider and how much rent you pay including any service charges and proof of your tenancy agreement. Make sure you take these to your Universal Credit interview.

Are my rates included?

If you are claiming Universal Credit, you must claim help with your rates separately from Land and Property Services including social housing, tenants and home owners.

Do I need to tell my landlord?

Tell your housing provider straight away of your changeover to Universal Credit so they will be aware of any possible delay in housing costs.

Contact us
Community Services
028 9027 0405