Knockbreda Cemetery is open every day. Opening times in Roselawn Cemetery, City Cemetery and Dundonald Cemetery are limited to Tuesday and Thursday evenings and Sunday.
Burial arrangements are in place at our cemeteries:
- Following recent changes in government guidelines a maximum of 30 mourners can now be present at the burial.
- Everyone present must follow social distancing guidance – you should not attend if you are symptomatic or self-isolating.
- Mourners will be asked to stand five metres away from the grave. Cemetery staff will be wearing personal protective equipment.
- Commitals will be limited to 15 minutes.
- In order to keep everyone safe mourners are asked to leave the graveside immediately after the committal, and avoid any contact with each other.
- If the family wants to live stream the burial, they can do this if the funeral director and faith representative agree and it does not cause a delay in the committal.
The burial or scattering of cremated remains has resumed across all sites.
We recognise this is a distressing time for anyone who has lost a loved one. These measures are being put in place to protect staff who are carrying out this critical service, and also to protect members of the public.
We would like to express our sincere sympathy to all those who are bereaved in these very difficult circumstances.
Work on memorials
The processing of applications for new memorials and additional inscriptions has resumed.
All applications will be completed electronically and site visits will be by appointment only. Please email email@example.com or call the Cemeteries Office on 028 9027 0296.
Our Bereavement Services Office is closed to the public, including funeral directors. Please telephone 028 9027 0296 for any further information.
About our cemeteries
Roselawn is currently the only cemetery with new burial plots available.
There are no new grave plots available in Dundonald or Belfast City Cemetery, but burials can still take place in existing graves.
Cremations are conducted at City of Belfast Crematorium.
We also maintain five historical cemeteries.
Find out more about:
We do not look after or hold records for Milltown Cemetery.
Memorial safety inspection programme
We'll be completing a health and safety audit of headstones and memorials in City Cemetery, Dundonald Cemetery, Friar’s Bush Graveyard, Glenalina Cemetery, Knock Burial Ground and Knockbreda Cemetery.
Read more about our memorial safety inspection programme.
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org
Visiting our cemeteries
Visit our cemeteries and discover their fascinating heritage, as well as the wealth of wildlife that resides amongst our headstones, memorials, hedgerows and mature trees.
Free WiFi is available in the site office.
Read our terms and conditions