Night time safety
Here are a few tips to help you stay together and stay safe:
- plan your journey home in advance
- drink responsibly and know your limits
- stay with your friends
- don't leave your drink unattended
- don’t accept a drink from someone you don’t know
- save reliable taxi-firm numbers on your phone
- stay calm and walk away if someone provokes you
- carry enough money to get you home.
We work with the Police Service of Northern Ireland (PSNI) to enforce alcohol byelaws.
The PSNI can confiscate alcohol and both the council and PSNI can take the names of offending drinkers for prosecution.
- Anyone over 18 caught drinking in a specified non-drinking area may be prosecuted and could face a fine of up to £500
- Anyone under 18 caught drinking will have their details forwarded to the
PSNI Youth Diversion Officer and a letter sent to their parents.