Report antisocial behaviour
In some circumstances we have the powers to deal with antisocial behaviour alone. However, in other cases we may need the support of other organisations to resolve the complaint.
To report an incident of antisocial behaviour, first contact the PSNI on 101.
Antisocial behaviour officers
If you encounter antisocial behaviour in your area, you can contact our antisocial behaviour officers.
We have four antisocial behaviour officers. They are:
- Andrew Claydon (east Belfast) - 028 9032 0202 ext 3485 or mobile 07825 420791
- Keith Addy (south Belfast) – 028 9032 0202 ext 3298 or mobile 07876 686660
- Trevor McDonald (north Belfast) - 028 9032 0202 ext ext 3324 or mobile 07917 544365
- Paul Cleary (west Belfast) – 028 9032 0202 ext 3394 or mobile 07825 140523
- Jeremy Ferris (parks/city centre) - 07787 835922
During normal office hours you can also contact us on 028 9027 0469 or email email@example.com
We have eight neighbourhood officers who target areas with high levels of antisocial behaviour.
They work Monday to Thursday (2pm to 10pm) and Friday and Saturday (4.30pm to midnight)
Their role is to:
- provide a visible presence
- offer guidance, support and advice on community safety issues
- challenge low-level antisocial behaviour
- enforce laws relating to on-street drinking and environmental crime
- help to reduce crime and fear of crime.
Re-deployable CCTV pilot
We're piloting the use of re-deployable CCTV cameras along Connswater Community Greenway.
Our park wardens tackle antisocial behaviour (ASB) in our parks. They patrol the parks at peak times to deal with issues like littering, dog fouling and drinking.
They also work alongside dog and litter wardens and have enforcement powers to issue fines.
Our wardens are easy to spot in their green uniforms. They travel between parks so they can respond to ASB across Belfast.
For more information on our park wardens, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 028 9091 8767.
Other agencies with powers to tackle antisocial behaviour
Different agencies also have different responsibilities and powers to address ASB.
Northern Ireland Housing Executive
If the person carrying out the behaviour is a Housing Executive tenant, you can contact them on 0344 892 0900. For more information visit their website.
If the person carrying out the behaviour is a Housing Association tenant contact the relevant Housing Association.
If your complaint concerns children, older people or those with a mental illness call Belfast Health and Social Care Trust on 028 9056 5656 for further guidance. For more information visit their website.
Northern Ireland Ombudsman
If you are not satisfied with the service from any of these agencies, call 0800 343 424 for more information.