Community safety wardensOur community safety wardens carry out high visibility foot patrols across Belfast, helping to create a safer city. Their duties include:
- tackling antisocial behaviour, for example, street drinking and rowdy behaviour
- reducing crime and fear of crime
- working with the local community and voluntary groups to give feedback on environmental issues, such as litter, fly-tipping and dog fouling
- responding to issues in certain areas.
Where do the wardens patrol?Our wardens are currently patrolling the wider university area in the south Belfast.
Partner agenciesThe deployment of wardens is based on feedback from local communities and our partner agencies, including the Police Service of Northern Ireland, the Northern Ireland Office, Northern Ireland Housing Executive, Belfast Regeneration Office, Queen's University, the University of Ulster, St Mary's University College, Belfast and Belfast Metropolitan College.
Contact usIf the wardens service is in your area you can call our senior wardens on the numbers below:
- 07528 965980
- 07528 965981
If you encounter antisocial behaviour in your area, contact our Antisocial Behaviour Officers on 028 9027 0469 during normal office hours:
- North Belfast – Mark Corbett
- East Belfast – To be confirmed
- South Belfast – Keith Addy
- West Belfast - Paul Cleary