Good Morning servicesGood Morning is a free community-based telephone support service for older and vulnerable people supporting them to remain independent in their own homes.
It provides daily phone calls, alerting others if the call is not answered, which provides service users and their families with peace of mind. In addition, the service provides telephone support, enabling users to share worries and concerns and connecting them with local community activities and services.
Good Morning Northern Ireland Network currently has a membership of 22 Good Morning services throughout Northern Ireland. It provides a coordinated and sustainable approach to service provision and gives due regard to the distinctiveness of each service. It also provides guidance, support, information and training to its membership.
Good Morning services support:
- People who live alone and people with no dependants or whose dependants are unavailable and with few support systems or social connections or contacts
- Previous victims of crime and those living in fear of crime
- Vulnerable older people who have just been discharged from hospital and need short term support as part of their rehabilitation package
- People with mental ill health / physical disability / restricted mobility
- Vulnerable adults who are socially excluded and socially isolated
- People who experience loss or bereavement
- Carers at all stages of the caring relationship
- People who are geographically isolated for example living in isolated rural areas.
Good Morning services in BelfastThere are three services for the Belfast area.
- Good Morning North Belfast - 028 9071 9200
- Good Morning West Belfast - 028 9020 0228
- RECALL (South and East Belfast) 028 9046 9946