Our Equality Scheme is a statement of our commitment
to fulfill the statutory obligations in compliance with Section 75 and
Schedule 9 of the Northern Ireland Act 1998. This Act places a duty on
us to promote equality of opportunities and good relations.
An equality scheme outlines the public authority's arrangements for:
- assessing its compliance with the duties under section 75
- assessing and consulting on the likely impact of policies on the promotion of equality of opportunity
- monitoring any adverse impact of policies on the promotion of equality of opportunity
- publishing the results of such assessments
- training staff
- ensuring and assessing public access to information and services provided by the public authority.
will commit necessary resources (in terms of people, time and money) to
make sure that the statutory duties are complied with and that the
Equality Scheme can be implemented effectively, and on time.
The Equality Scheme was approved by the Equality Commission on Wednesday 25 March 2015. Paper copies and accessible formats are available on request.
We can arrange meetings about the Equality Scheme on request. We will also respond to requests for further details.
The Equality Scheme is available, on request, in accessible formats such as Braille, audio formats, large print and also in other languages.