Council for Nature Conservation and the Countryside
The Council for Nature Conservation and Countryside is a statutory advisory council established under the terms of the Nature Conservation and Amenity Lands (Amendment)(Northern Ireland) Order 1989 to advise on all matters of nature conservation to the Department of the Environment.
It is appointed from persons who have responded to a public advert and the term of office is 3 years. The Council`s 16 members come from a range of backgrounds, bringing their own special knowledge of nature conservation to advise on
- matters relating to nature conservation
- matters affecting the natural beauty or amenity of any area or place in Northern Ireland
- the establishment and management of National Parks, Nature Reserves and Marine Nature Reserves
- proposals to designate Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty
- declaration and denotification of Areas of Special Scientific Interest
- making orders under the Wildlife (Northern Ireland) Order 1985
- promotional and educational activities.
5 - 33 Hill Street
Telephone: 028 9054 3076
Update your detailsIf you would like to update your details please fill in our online form
If you have any queries, please contact our Culture and Arts Unit by emailing email@example.com or phoning 028 9091 8734.