Deaths, burials and cremationsCoping with the death of a loved one is extremely distressing. When someone dies, there are also many arrangements and decisions to be made.
In this section, you can:
- find out when and where to register a death
- check who can register a death
- find out how to order a copy of a death certificate
- view burial options
- view cremation options
- check burial and cremation fees
- search burial records
- see all cemeteries on a map
- read about the history of our cemeteries
Our registration staff, based in Belfast City Hall, are happy to deal with any queries you may have about registering a death in Belfast. Call us on 028 9027 0274 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Our Registrar's office is open from 9.30am to 4.30pm Monday to Thursday and 9.30am to 4pm on Fridays.
The Registrar's Office is closed on Monday 27 May. If you have a query about burials or cremations in Belfast, call our Cemeteries and Crematorium Central Office, also based in Belfast City Hall, on 028 9027 0296. It is open from 8.30am to 5pm (Monday to Thursday) and 8.30am to 4.30pm (Friday).
More informationThe General Register Office, based at Oxford House, 49-55 Chichester Street, Belfast, BT1 4HL, provides help and advice about the following issues:
- arranging a funeral
- what to do if a death is referred to a Coroner or if someone dies abroad
- ordering historical birth, death, marriage and civil partnership certificates.