Reporting a stray dog
If you find a stray dog, call our dog wardens on 028 9027 0431.They'll arrange to collect it. You may also be asked for:
- your name, address and telephone number
- a description of the dog including its type, colour, size and approximate age
- the time, date and location where you found the dog.
Reporting a lost or stolen dog
To report a lost or stolen dog, call us on 028 9027 0431.We can then check to see if it has been picked up by our wardens or taken to our dog pound, located at:
Carrickfergus Borough Council
Telephone: 028 9335 1639
Advice for dog ownersYou can help reduce the number of stray dogs on our streets by following these simple steps:
- fit your dog with a microchip so it can be traced if it goes missing
- consider getting your dog neutered to prevent unwanted litters
- check that you have a valid dog licence
- take responsibility for your dog and make sure you always know where it is.
If you are interested in adopting or rehoming a dog you can do so by visiting your local dog pound or animal shelter. Stray dogs found by dog wardens and members of the public often remain unclaimed in the pound.