Emergency PlanningAll local councils have a major coordinating role in:
- planning what to do in an emergency and
- helping the community to recover from major incidents.
Our aimWe aim to make sure that we're ready to respond and help the community if a major emergency takes place in the city.
We can provide support in a number of ways following a disaster. For example, we can:
- make buildings such as leisure and community centres available to people
- provide health and safety advice on cleaning up after major flooding or pollution
- assess structural damage to buildings, and
- co-ordinate and lead multi-agency meetings to plan recovery.
Our Emergency contact list has information on who to contact in the event of an emergency.
In the event of an emergency please contact our emergency mobile: 078 5049 9622.