Belsonic at Ormeau Park
Date: 13 Jun 2017 - 30 Jun 2017
Venue: Ormeau Park
Ormeau Park is hosting Belsonic 2017 with eight concerts taking place between Tuesday 13 – Friday 30 June.
Preparations for each concert will take place on site from 9am on the morning of the event, with a finish time of 11pm.
The site will return to normal use on Monday 3 July.
Car parking will be limited at the site during this time and we have temporarily removed our recycling bins from the car park for public safety.
The format for each concert will be the same:
|Tuesday 13 June
|Friday 16 June
|Saturday 17 June
|Monday 19 June
|Thursday 22 June
|Monday 26 June
|Wednesday 28 June
|Friday 30 June
||Axwell V Ingrosso
For more information on the concerts, including parking and getting there please visit www.belsonic.com
Special arrangements for concert days
- Indoor Tennis Centre and Ozone Complex will close all day.
- Non-concert goers can access Ormeau Park by the lower gate off Ormeau Road nearest to Park Road, all of the gates off Park Road and gates off Ravenhill Road up as far as the Bowling Green. All other gates will be closed and unavailable.
- Ormeau Embankment will close to traffic from 5pm – midnight. Special arrangements are in place for disabled parking and residents of Ravenhill Reach.
- There will be road and traffic restrictions in place in the surrounding area from 5pm – midnight on many concert nights, including parts of the Ormeau Road being reduced to one lane. There will be road signage to advise of this, and please continue to listen to traffic information on radio and online.
- Alcohol seizure points will be in place at both sides of Ormeau Bridge, and the Ravenhill Road junction onto Ormeau Embankment. Other seizure points will also be in operation around the site.
- We will monitor noise levels at each concert each concert.
- We will have additional street cleaning in place to ensure the area is litter free as quickly as possible.
- The Indoor Tennis Centre and Ozone Complex, Ormeau Park and Ormeau Embankment will open as normal at all other times.
All entertainment and site works must end by 11pm each night.
A sound test will be carried out on Monday 12 June from between 7pm and 9.30pm to assess the appropriate noise levels for the entertainment. We expect this test to last around 1hour, and the sound levels may vary during it, to allow us to determine the optimum noise levels for the event.
We are working closely with the promoter to put measures in place to help manage the impact that noise will have on residents and the surrounding areas. We will monitor the noise levels throughout all the concerts. However, there is no guarantee that residents will not hear music and announcements from the event. A number of the shows will also feature lasers and stage pyrotechnics, which you may also hear.
If you have any issues please contact our noise service.
You can only enter the concert site from the Ormeau Embankment, via the Ormeau Road and Ravenhill Road.
Buses will only be able to access the Ormeau Embankment via the Ormeau Road junction on a one-way system. Buses arriving from the Ravenhill Road, via the M2/M3 will be required to continue towards the Ormeau Road roundabout and Ormeau Road to gain entry to the Ormeau Embankment.
Please visit www.translink.co.uk for information on special bus and train services and Belsonic.com for information on bus and taxi parking at the venue.