Tall ships from across the globe are anchored in Belfast for the start of The Tall Ships Races 2015.
Organised by Sail Training International, The Tall Ships Races are being welcomed by the Lidl Belfast Titanic Maritime Festival. For more information about this free event, go to the Tall Ships Belfast website.
This is the third time that Belfast has hosted the races, having previously welcomed the ships in 1991 and 2009.
Both previous visits were incredibly popular; in 2009 around 800,000 spectators came to the four-day event, when a flotilla of 40 ships berthed along the city's quays.
In 2015 we're hoping to attract 500,000 people, with another 500,000 watching the ships arrive and leave along the Northern Ireland and Irish coasts. The ships are berthed in and around Belfast Harbour and the Titanic Quarter area.
There will be national coverage of the event on BBC's The One Show (7pm, Friday 3 July) plus local coverage by our media partner, BBC NI. UTV will also be filming on site and you can catch a special Tall Ships programme on BBC NI after the event.
Day 2: Friday 3 July from 12.15pm - 9pm
Day 3: Saturday 4 July from 10am - 10.30pm
Day 4: Sunday 5 July from 10am - 4pm
There's a huge array of events and sights to enjoy during the event, such as the BBC One Show, markets, watersports and the chance to visit some of the ships themselves. You can order your programme from the Belfast Telegraph and download a Tall Ships map from the event website.
Take a look at the Getting there section on www.tallshipsbelfast.com for information on traffic and transport and watch our video highlighting some of the transport and parking locations.
Plan ahead to make sure your day is plain sailing.
Transport options include:
- public transport: we suggest that you leave your car at home and hop on the bus or train with Translink
- park and ride: two designated event park and ride sites (Boucher Playing Fields and Airport Road West). Buses depart every five mins (£2.50 per adult)
- city centre shuttle bus service: leaves every five minutes from Wellington Place.
- car parks: over 10,000 city centre car parking space (up to 15 minutes' walk) plus designated blue badge parking on site
- other: walk or cycle (you might have to get off your bike in crowded areas).
Tall Ships website and social media
We are proud to be the lead partner for this world class event. Watch our Tall Ships Belfast TV advert for an idea of what to expect in 2015.