The Lord Mayor’s day: Celebrating Belfast
Date: 29 Apr 2017
Time: 12 noon - 5pm
Venue: Belfast City Hall
Come along and enjoy The Lord Mayor's day event, on the lawns of City Hall, which is all about 'putting citizen's first'. Designed to celebrate all that is exciting and entertaining about Belfast; from our extremely talented artists and musicians to the top class performers and well-known landmarks, there'll be something to entertain everyone.
You'll be able to try your hand at making some Belfast animations, or relax and listen to fantastic Belfast stories. You'll also be able to enjoy interactive drumming, visit a completely different world through virtual reality or you can even help to paint a portrait of the Lord Mayor.
There will be a host of different workshops and performances throughout the day including world-class street theatre and multi-cultural arts.
Some of the activities taking place throughout the day include:
- live music and performances including Dohl drummers, Bodhrans and buskers
- arts and crafts activities as well as multi-cultural workshops for children with traditional folk art activities
- an Age-friendly guided walking tour of Belfast city centre. Two tours will be leaving at 1pm and 3pm (no pre-booking required).
- Age-Friendly Belfast staff will also be on hand to provide information and advice on how you can get involved in local clubs and societies in your area.
- the ArtCart and interactive fun workshops for people of all ages
- live street performances taking place throughout the day
- visit the IFA stall to hear all about the upcoming UEFA Women's Under-19 tournament being held in the city this summer.
All activities will be from 12 noon - 5pm unless otherwise stated.
This is a free event and no tickets are required. Please read our terms and conditions of entry.
Please contact the Visit Belfast Welcome Centre on 028 9024 6609 for further information.