Ormeau Park is hosting Belsonic 2018 with seven concerts taking place between Friday 15 – 30 Saturday June.
Site peparations and stage building started on the site on Monday 4 June – this means there will be limited car parking on at the park and for leisure centre users during the stage build.
The site will return to normal use on Thursday 5 July.
Car parking will be limited at the site during this time and we have temporarily removed our recycling bins from the car park for public safety.
If residents have any concerns relating to the concert they can contact the Promoter’s Resident’s Liaison Team on 028 9032 7007 or email email@example.com
The format for each concert will be the same:
|Friday 15 June
||Nile Rodgers and Chic
|Saturday 16 June
|Sunday 17 June
|Thursday 21 June
|Saturday 23 June
|Sunday 24 June
|Saturday 30 June
For more information on the concerts, including parking and getting there please visit www.belsonic.com
Special arrangements for concert days
We have been working with the promoter to ensure they have provisions in place to make sure there is as little disturbance as possible to park users and local residents, here is some important information.
- Indoor Tennis Centre and Ozone Complex will close all day and car parking will not be available.
- Non-concert goers can access Ormeau Park by the lower gate off Ormeau Road nearest to Park Road, all of the gates off Park Road and gates off Ravenhill Road up as far as the Bowling Green. All other gates will be closed and unavailable.
- Each Saturday and Sunday from 9 June – 2 July Park Run users can access their start and finish point by walking for the main Ozone gate at Ormeau Embankment using a specially constructed pedestrian walkway.
- Ormeau Embankment will close to traffic from 5pm – midnight. Special arrangements are in place for disabled parking and residents of Ravenhill Reach.
- There will be road and traffic restrictions in place in the surrounding area from 5pm – midnight on many concert nights, including parts of the Ormeau Road being reduced to one lane. There will be road signage to advise of this, and please continue to listen to traffic information on radio and online.
- Alcohol seizure points will also be in operation around the site on all concert nights, but on the nights where we expect larger crowds there will be alcohol seizure points will be in place at both sides of Ormeau Bridge, and the Ravenhill Road junction onto Ormeau Embankment.
- We will monitor noise levels at each concert.
- There will be additional street cleaning in place to ensure the area is litter free as quickly as possible.
- The Indoor Tennis Centre and Ozone Complex, Ormeau Park and Ormeau Embankment will open as normal at all other times.
All entertainment and site works must end by 11pm each night.
A sound test will be carried out on Thursday 15 June between 7pm and 9.30pm to assess the appropriate noise levels for the entertainment. We expect this test to last around 1hour, and the sound levels may vary during it, to allow us to determine the optimum noise levels for the event.
We are working closely with the promoter to put measures in place to help manage the impact that noise will have on residents and the surrounding areas. We will monitor the noise levels throughout all the concerts. However, there is no guarantee that residents will not hear music and announcements from the event. A number of the shows will also feature lasers and stage pyrotechnics, which you may also hear.
If you have any issues please contact our noise service.
You can only enter the concert site from the Ormeau Embankment, via the Ormeau Road and Ravenhill Road.
Buses will only be able to access the Ormeau Embankment via the Ormeau Road junction on a one-way system. Buses arriving from the Ravenhill Road, via the M2/M3 will be required to continue towards the Ormeau Road roundabout and Ormeau Road to gain entry to the Ormeau Embankment.
Please visit www.translink.co.uk for information on special bus and train services and Belsonic.com for information on bus and taxi parking at the venue.