Models of governance for social enterprises and co-operatives
Date: 29 Aug 2018
Time: 9.30am 12.30pm
Venue: Skainos Centre
If you are thinking about setting up a social enterprise or co-operative, let us and Work West help you with your journey by participating on the Go Social programme.
Come along to our workshop on Wednesday 29 August to learn more about the different models of social enterprise.
This workshop will equip you with the knowledge of key legal structures to help you decide the most appropriate structure for your social enterprise.
Key topics include:
- understanding the difference between a co-operative, a private company and a social enterprise
- understanding different models of social enterprises (company limited by guarantee, charity, community interest company, other legal structures will also be detailed)
- how to identify the legal structures that best reflect the type of organisation
- understanding members and community ownership and the co-operative advantage: co-operatives and surplus
- defining co-operatives and their principles
- introduction of workers’ co-operatives, community co-operatives, housing co-operatives and other types of co-operatives.
To register your interest in attending this event, please complete our online registration form