Go 2 Tender – Forming joint ventures and consortia workshop
Date: 16 Oct 2018
Time: 9am – 5pm
Venue: Innovation Factory, Forthriver Business Park, 385 Springfield Rd, Belfast BT12 7DG
We’re working in partnership with InterTradeIreland to deliver a workshop designed for SMEs that either are bidding or are considering bidding for public sector contracts and should be attended by owner managers and MD’s bid team leaders, who are responsible for identifying and working with partners.
About the event
This workshop examines in detail both the opportunities and challenges of forming successful consortia. It considers all of the strategy and process issues involved, including: legal, business, procurement and compliance. The issues will be addressed through a combination of experience of collaboration and joint venture formation and best practice guidance on the process.
As governments continue to strive to improve SME access to the public procurement markets, collaboration – the formation of joint ventures and consortia - is increasingly common as an approach to winning bids.
Consortia can add great benefits to SMEs targeting new business in public procurement:
- Opening up new sub-sectors of the public procurement market
- Helping to meet minimum and mandatory criteria
- Adding new specialist skills and capabilities
- Creating scale – through combined capacity.
The workshop will address issues through a combination of:
- Experience of collaboration and joint venture formation
- Best practice guidance on the process – legal best practice, business best practice, and bidding best practice
- The experience of the trainer – in actually facilitating and working in collaborations over many years
- The experience of a guest speaker – a SME that has had experience of collaboration in bidding for and delivering public sector contracts.
Participants will benefit from interaction with guest speakers – a legal expert, and a SME with significant collaborative experience; and a workshop leader with many years’ experience in facilitating (and working in) collaborative ventures.
Participants will also be provided with a comprehensive slide deck on best practice in the formation of collaborations (consortia and JV’s) and with a pack of working tools and guides on collaboration – formation, bidding, and management.
To register for this free event visit the InterTradeIreland website.