Bank Buildings Fire Information
Last updated: 20 September 2018, 12 noon
Due to the Met Office warning about Storm Ali bringing strong winds and heavy rain across Northern Ireland, we removed the mesh around the Bank Buildings cordon as a precautionary measure. This is temporary, while the weather warning remained in place and we will reinstall this from 21 September.
If you are a business affected by the Bank Buildings fire, we have information to help you.
A single point of contact for businesses has been established.
Get in touch by calling 028 9027 0483 (available 8.30am - 5pm daily), email email@example.com or complete our business contact form:
City centre access routes and loading areas
Department for Infrastructure (DfI) has installed temporary access routes and loading arrangements in city centre.
Please note the following from DfI:
- To enable servicing to take place, DfI is changing the direction of flow on Berry Street and allowing two-way flow in College Street and Fountain Street.
- With the closure of footways and roads adjacent to the Bank Buildings site pedestrian activity has increased on other city centre streets and haulage drivers should be extra vigilant of this when carrying out deliveries.
- Haulage companies should familiarise themselves with the temporary arrangements and ensure their choice of vehicle can safely manoeuvre along these suggested routes.
- The loading window will not change in the city centre and will continue to be restricted from 6pm to 11am.
- Signage will be amended as soon as possible.
- These arrangements are temporary and may be subject to change if changes are made to the Bank Buildings safety cordon area. Whenever the city centre streets return to normal and are accessible to traffic these temporary arrangements will be removed.
We’ve worked with Visit Belfast, Belfast One, other city partners and traders to develop #YourBelfast – a new campaign showing that Belfast remains very much open for business in the aftermath of the fire at Bank Buildings.
Yellow Dot Trail
You can find our yellow dot trail map and information about shop and businesses on our yellow dot trail page.