Home safety checksWe offer free home safety checks for all residents within our electoral area, but particularly to parents of young children and people aged 65 and over.
The checks offer tips on all aspects of home safety, as well as specialist advice on topics like heating and energy saving.
A room-by-room inspection usually takes around 30 minutes and all checks are carried out by two uniformed members of staff with identity cards.
Our advisors can:
- show you the potential risk areas in your home
- carry out minor repairs or modifications, free of charge
- replace any dangerous plugs or fuses
- arrange for safety equipment to be delivered to your home
- refer you for a free smoke alarm installation.
- Download home safety check application form (for seniors) (Word - 71KB)
- Download home safety check application form (for families) (Word - 72KB)