Our commitmentsOur Investment Programme priorities include:
- investing in capital projects - through council-led investment in facilities and community assets, by drawing down funding and working in partnership to enable key projects
- supporting businesses and growth - by marketing Belfast, attracting visitors and world-class events, and ensuring effective use of our own spending
- working with partners to support employment, skills and employability
- improving services to people and communities and enhancing quality of life
- providing value for money by keeping any rate increase to the level of inflation or below, and achieving £20 million in efficiency savings by 2015.
Over the next three years, we’ve committed to:
- investing £150 million in capital projects to build assets and support construction and the wider economy
- investing £34 million in local economic growth, through tourism, events, arts and culture and encouraging competitiveness
- delivering 400 work placement, internship and apprenticeship opportunities
- delivering 200 employment opportunities at no additional cost to ratepayers
- increasing our local procurement by 10%.
We’ll also support communities by:
- using our £5 million Local Investment Fund to attract and complement other funding for neighbourhood regeneration
- implementing a £10 million grant aid programme
- levering in an extra £3 million to support community safety
- rolling out £4 million PEACE III funding to support programmes which improve community relations and reduce segregation
- investing £1.5 million in delivering our Renewing the Routes programme
- dealing with dilapidated and derelict buildings.
The Investment Programme gives real focus to our work in helping Belfast meet the challenges ahead, and maximises the opportunities presented to us in 2012 and beyond.