A-Z: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Mobile catering in parks

If you're selling or offering a mobile catering service and wish to trade from one of our parks you must have a franchise agreement with us.

Who can apply?

We currently have franchise agreements with mobile catering traders for ice cream, confectionery, hot and cold drinks, hot and cold food, light snacks and tray bakes. Traders are not permitted to sell alcohol or tobacco. The franchise agreement is exclusive to the catering vendor and is not transferable. There may be more than one catering vendor at any park at any time.

How to apply?

The application process usually commences with public advertisement for expressions of interest, after which application packs are issued. A quality based selection process follows and thereafter franchise agreements are offered. At present we are not inviting applications.

What documents are needed to apply?

  • Basic disclosure certificate obtained from Access NI (non NI residents can get details of how to obtain a similar certificate by contacting us)
  • Electrical test certificates for all portable electrical appliances used and any generators.
  • Gas safety certificates for all gas appliances, connections, flues etc used.
  • Certificate of maintenance of any fire extinguishers used, especially where gas or electrical equipment is being used.
  • Relevant MOT test certificate for any vehicle used in the trading activity.
  • Evidence that you have registered, or applied for registration with the relevant local authority for food hygiene and health and safety (if required).


At present we are not inviting applications, however, the procurement process – from application to offer – usually takes six to eight weeks.

The franchise agreement is usually offered for a period of one year from 1 April and may include the option to renew for a further year or more.

The franchise agreement is for 365 days per year and trading is permitted in line with Park opening hours. You are not permitted to trade until a franchise agreement is signed.

Street Trading

For information about Street trading visit our licences and permits section.

Contact us
Mobile catering
028 9032 0202 (ext 3442)
The Procurement Officer
City and Neighbourhood Services
5th Floor South
4-10 Linenhall Street