Belfast Parks Photographic Competition
We’re celebrating the 10 year anniversary of our Belfast Parks Photographic Competition.
To mark this major milestone we will be introducing new categories to the competition and also extending the closing date until October 2017, giving you plenty of time to get out and get snapping in our parks.
Enter our Belfast Parks Photographic Competition for the chance to win a share of £1,000. This year's competition is sponsored by John McQuillan (Contracts) Ltd and the winner of each category will have the opportunity to attend a photographic workshop courtesy of Jessops.
We are looking for photographs of your favourite views in parks. Your photos must have been taken in one of our parks or open spaces and they should relate to one of the following categories.
- Active parks - for example, people walking, jogging, cycling, playing active games or using outdoor gyms, playgrounds, allotments and bowling greens.
- Park landscapes - for example, landscape shots, animals, trees, plants, buildings and horticultural displays in a recognisable park setting.
- Summertime in our parks - for example, flowers in bloom, wonderful sunsets and sunrises or those lazy summer days.
- Under 16s - photo must be taken by a person aged 16 years or under.
How to enter
This competition is open to everyone, except professional photographers.
Photographs must be taken after June 2016 from an area of the park available to the public. We can't accept photographs which have won prizes in other external competitions or previous entries to this competition.
You can only enter one category, but you can submit up to three photos in your chosen category.
You must read our terms and conditions before submitting your photos.
The closing date for entries is Friday 6 October 2017 before 4pm.
You can either submit your entry online or by post.
If you're entering online, please make sure each of your photos is no larger than 3MB.
Before you upload your photos, please save them by name and park where they were taken in. For example, JoeBloggsBotanic1.jpg and JoeBloggsOrmeau2.jpg.
Enter by post
Fill in the entry form below and send it, along with up to three colour prints (up to a maximum size of 8" x 6" unmounted) and the same photographs in a digital format on a CD, DVD or memory device. CDs, DVDs and memory devices cannot be returned.
Please write the following information on the back of each photo:
- name of entrant
- age (under 16s only)
- name of the park where the photograph was taken.
|Send your completed entries to:
|ParkLife photographic competition
Open Space and Active Living Unit
City and Neighbourhood Services Department
4 - 10 Linenhall Street
There are prizes for the best photos received in each category and each winner will get a canvas of their image courtesy of Jessops.
| Place in category
There are also special prizes for the best photos submitted by under 16s.
| Place in under 16s category
| 1st prize
| 2nd prize
| 3rd prize
For more information about the competition, call us on 028 9027 0467
View previous entries from our Parks Photographic Competition over the last 10 years.
The winners of the Parks Photographic Competition 2016 are:
- Pablo Arrebola – 1st place, Active Parks
- Amit Pawar - 2nd place, Active Parks
- Michael Bradley- 3rd place, Active Parks
- Rachel McGonigle - 1st place, Park Landscapes
- Dhinakaran Annamalai - 2nd place, Park Landscapes
- Gavin Fenton - 3rd place, Park Landscapes
- Sharon Cuatriz - 1st place, Art in the Park
- Robbie Carson - 2nd place, Art in the Park
- Marek Kubik - 3rd place, Art in the Park
- Oisin McGranaghan – 1st place, Under 16s
- Sarah McAleese – 2nd place, Under 16s
- Mikolaj Palys – 3rd place, Under 16s.
View previous winners from our Parks Photographic Competitions.