Belfast Parks Photographic Competition
The Parks Photographic Competition 2017 is now closed and winners were announced on 19 October at a prize presentation in Malone House, Belfast.
This year we've been celebrating the 10 year anniversary of our Belfast Parks Photographic Competition.
To mark this major milestone we introduced a new category to the competition called Summertime in our parks and also extended the closing date until October 2017, to give you plenty of time to get out and get snapping in our parks.
Entering our Belfast Parks Photographic Competition provided the chance to win a share of £1,000. This year's competition was again sponsored by John McQuillan (Contracts) Ltd and the winners of each category received a canvas of their winning photograph. They also have the opportunity to attend a photographic workshop courtesy of Jessops.
- Active parks - for example, people walking, jogging, cycling, playing active games or using outdoor gyms, playgrounds, allotments and bowling greens.
- Park landscapes - for example, landscape shots, animals, trees, plants, buildings and horticultural displays in a recognisable park setting.
- Summertime in our parks - for example, flowers in bloom, wonderful sunsets and sunrises or those lazy summer days.
- Under 16s - photo must have been taken by a person aged 16 years or under.
2017 winners and prizes
The winners of the Parks Photographic Competition 2017 are:
- Niall Boyle - 1st place, Active Parks
- Angus White - 2nd place, Active Parks
- Aoife Britton - 3rd place, Active Parks
- Grace Hamilton - 1st place, Park landscapes
- Paul Elliot - 2nd place, Park landscapes
- Colin White - 3rd place, Park landscapes
- Tara O'Brien - 1st place, Summertime in parks
- William Allen - 2nd place, Summertime in parks
- Malcolm Moorehead - 3rd place, Summertime in parks
- Abi Lopes - 1st place, Under 16s
- Robbie Cooper - 2nd place, Under 16s
- Amy Cooper - 3rd place, Under 16s
Prizes were awarded for the best photos received in each category - first prize £150, second prize £100, and third prize £50. There were also special prizes for the best photos submitted by under 16s - first prize £50, second prize £30 and third prize £20.
All winners will be on display at all of our main park events such as Spring Fair and Rose Week in 2018.
This competition was open to everyone, except professional photographers.
Photographs must have been taken after June 2016 from an area of the park available to the public. We didn't accept photographs which have won prizes in other external competitions or previous entries to this competition.
Up to three photos could be submitted in your chosen category.
The closing date for entries was Friday 6 October 2017 at 4pm.
Entries could be submitted online or by post.
For more information about the competition, call us on 028 9027 0467
View the winning photographs from our Parks Photographic competition 2017.
View previous entries from our Parks Photographic Competition over the last 10 years.
View previous winners from our Parks Photographic Competitions.