Belfast Parks Photographic Competition
The Belfast Parks Photographic Competition 2018 is now closed.
Judging takes place mid-October and winners will then be informed.
A prize-giving function will take place on Thursday 25 October and winners will be invited to attend.
The four categories are:
Your photos must have been taken in one of Belfast City Council’s parks or open spaces and they should focus on our park landscapes, people in our parks or summertime in our parks.
- People in our parks: such as people walking, jogging, cycling, attending events or using outdoor gyms, playgrounds, allotments and bowling greens.
- Park landscapes: for example landscape shots, animals, trees, plants, buildings and horticultural displays in a recognisable park setting.
- Summertime in our parks: for example flowers in bloom, wonderful sunsets and sunrises or those lazy summer days.
- Under 16s - photo must have been taken by a person aged 16 years or under.
The winners of each category will receive a share of £1,000 courtesy of the competition sponsor John McQuillan (Contracts) Ltd, a canvas of their winning photograph and also have the opportunity to attend a photographic workshop courtesy of Jessops.
2017 winners and prizes
The winners of the Parks Photographic Competition 2017 are:
- Niall Boyle - 1st place, Active Parks
- Angus White - 2nd place, Active Parks
- Aoife Britton - 3rd place, Active Parks
- Grace Hamilton - 1st place, Park landscapes
- Paul Elliot - 2nd place, Park landscapes
- Colin White - 3rd place, Park landscapes
- Tara O'Brien - 1st place, Summertime in parks
- William Allen - 2nd place, Summertime in parks
- Malcolm Moorehead - 3rd place, Summertime in parks
- Abi Lopes - 1st place, Under 16s
- Robbie Cooper - 2nd place, Under 16s
- Amy Cooper - 3rd place, Under 16s
View the winning photographs from our Parks Photographic competition 2017.
View previous entries from our Parks Photographic Competition over the last 10 years.
View previous winners from our Parks Photographic Competitions.