Boost leisure membership scheme
Swimming poolsChildren under eight must be accompanied by an adult when using any of our swimming pools.
There may also be limited space available during advertised public swim times because of swimming lessons and school swims.
GymsYou must be aged 16 or older to use any of our gyms.
You will also need to take part in an induction session and complete a health screening questionnaire before using our fitness equipment. Inductions can be booked at any of our leisure centre reception areas.
Spa pools, saunas and steam roomsYou must be aged 18 or older to use any of our spa pools, saunas or steam rooms.
Climbing wallAdults using the climbing wall must be experienced climbers or be accompanied by an experienced climber aged 18 or above.
Children aged between 12 and 17 must always be accompanied by an experienced adult climber. There must always be one adult for every two children. Children aged between eight and 11 must always be accompanied by an experienced adult climber. There must always be one adult for every one child.
Laser ZonePlayers must be 4ft tall or more. Games must be booked in advance and there is a maximum of 25 people per party. A deposit is required for groups of ten people or more.
You must give no less than 24 hours notice if you want to cancel or reduce the number of players in your group (if you fail to do so, you must pay the full amount).
PhotographyWe have produced guidelines which cover how cameras and other image-capturing devices are used in our centres.
The procedures are designed to protect all our users, especially children and other vulnerable groups. They support our commitment to the protection of children, which is shown in our Child Protection Policy
If you want to take photographs or record any images in our leisure centres, you must get permission from the centre manager. You can contact them by calling or visiting centre reception areas. If you are given permission to take photos, you will be given a photographer's pass. This is only valid for one day and must be visible at all times during your visit to the centre.
The following guidelines apply to photography taken in our leisure centres:
- you cannot take photographs or capture images of individuals or groups in any other way without the express written permission of management
- you cannot take a photograph of an individual without his or her consent or, in the case of a minor, without the consent of their parent or guardian, under any circumstances
- you are not allowed to take photographs in the showers, toilets, changing rooms or other sensitive areas under any circumstances. You also cannot use mobile phones in these areas.
- our leisure centres will log all requests asking for permission to record images. They will also record your personal details. If you are given permission to take photos, we will give you a photographer's pass. This is only valid for one day and must be visible at all times.
- other organisations who want to use our facilities will be required, where appropriate, to use these guidelines. Some groups may be asked to produce their own guidelines on the control of image-capturing devices as a condition of using our facilities.
- where appropriate, we will display public notices which outline these guidelines to leisure centre users
- we will take appropriate action if these guidelines are breached
- we will try to promote these guidelines to participants and spectators at events which are organised and supported by us but which do not have controlled access.