Migrant and Minority Ethnic ProjectOur Good Relations Unit has set up a project to support migrant and ethnic minority communities.
The Migrant and Minority Ethnic Project is funded by the European Regional Development Fund under the Peace III programme
The scheme aims to:
- improve co-operation between agencies in Belfast on issues facing migrant and minority ethnic communities
- raise awareness within the council of issues facing migrant and minority ethnic communities
- encourage community-led initiatives which build understanding between new and host communities
- help migrant and minority ethnic communities to settle in Belfast
- support settled communities in adapting to change in their areas
- develop and deliver training programmes which promote a better understanding of issues relating to diversity and migration into Northern Ireland both within and outside the council.
Help and advice for migrant workersWelcome Guide
Details and contact numbers for all council services, available in Polish, Slovakian and Cantonese.
Your Rights - A Guide
Find out about your rights and entitlements when living in Northern Ireland.
New to Belfast - A Guide of Support Services
Find out more about the range of services available to you if you have recently arrived in Belfast.
Resources for community and voluntary groupsInterpreters, translation services and welcome packs
Best practice guidelines for organisations securing interpretation and translation services.
Useful links to research documents about migration into Northern Ireland.
Details of training courses delivered by our staff to groups working with minority ethnic communities.