Caravan and camping sitesThere are currently no licensed caravan or camping sites in Belfast.
However, under the Caravans Act (Northern Ireland) 1963, you must apply to us if you want to operate a caravan or camping site in Belfast.
If approved, we will then issue you with a licence for your site.
Apply for a caravan or camping site licenceThere is no charge to apply for a licence for a caravan or camping site.
|Apply for a caravan or camping site licence|
We recommend using Internet Explorer 8 or above to complete this form.
Before you book, please read the terms and conditions for online services as well as our privacy statement for online services
About your applicationBefore you apply for a caravan or camping site licence, you must have:
- secured planning permission for caravan or camping sites
- sufficient insurance
- met the model licence conditions for caravan or camping sites for Northern Ireland, issued by the Department of the Environment in 1992.
If you fail to meet the conditions of your licence, it may be withdrawn.
Model licence conditionsYou must comply with any conditions attached to a site licence. These may include:
- restrictions on when caravans can be stationed on the site
- restrictions of the total number of caravans that can be on the site at any one time
- conditions controlling the types of caravan on the site
- conditions governing the positioning of the caravans and the placing of any other structures, vehicles or tents
- conditions preserving and enhancing the land, including planting bushes and trees
- conditions requiring fire safety, and fire-fighting system and equipment provision and maintenance
- conditions providing sanitary facilities and any other facilities, services or equipment, and ensuring these are properly maintained.