Club development planningClub development planning is an essential part of growing and strengthening your sports club or organisation.
We are committed to supporting sports clubs via our Belfast Clubmark programme and Support for Sport funding scheme, as well as through practical help provided by our sports development officers.
An important part of our work is helping to develop the people in your club and help maximise their potential because we recognise that clubs are only as strong as the people who join and support them.
In this section, you'll find useful advice and guidance on club development planning, as well as suggestions for how you can access other examples of good practice to help develop your club.
Where do I start?Good club development begins with identifying where your club is now, and where you want to be in the future. The next step is to put together an action, or club development, plan which outlines how you are going to get there.
The templates below are examples of policies and practices suitable for sports clubs. They can be adapted to suit your own club's needs.
- Club constitution (Word - 111KB)
- Club development plan (Word - 118KB)
- Safeguarding policy (Word - 147KB)
- Code of conduct for coaches and volunteers (Word - 60KB)
- Code of conduct for parents (Word - 49KB)
- Incident report (Word - 70KB)
- Risk assessment (Word - 89KB)
- Code of conduct with children (Word - 60KB)