Fly-tippingMaking Belfast a clean and attractive city is one of our most important jobs.
Our street cleaning section are responsible for making sure the streets of Belfast are kept clean and free from litter and rubbish.
What is fly-tipping?Fly-tipping is the illegal, deliberate dumping of waste.
It includes everything from black bin bags to large quantities of commercial waste.
Fly-tipped waste is often found on open ground such as lay-bys, car parks or on private land.
It's a serious offence, with fines up to £2,500.
Dumped waste includes:
- domestic waste
- garden refuse
- large domestic items such as fridges and mattresses
- hospital waste
- waste from construction sites
- demolition and excavation rubble.
- it costs millions of pounds every year to clear and it's taxpayers and private landowners who pay
- it's dangerous to people and wildlife
- it damages the environment
- it spoils our enjoyment of towns and countryside
- it undermines legitimate waste businesses because illegal operators undercut those operating within the law
- areas which are frequently fly-tipped may see property prices go down and local businesses may see a loss in trade.
Report dumped wasteYou can report dumped waste to us using the form below or by phoning 028 9027 0230.
|Report dumped waste|
Please read the terms and conditions for online services as well as our privacy statement for online services
When you contact us you'll need to give us with as much information as possible about the issue, including accurate information about where the issue is located and full details about the nature of your request.
You can submit an anonymous report, but if you want us to contact you, please make sure that you give us your correct contact details.
In general, we try to resolve all service requests within five working days from being told about it, but in some instances the response time may be less than this.
More informationFor more information or to report fly-tipping, contact us:
Belfast City Council
9 Lanyon Place
Telephone: 028 9027 0230